How to Enroll
Our goal at Crabapple Montessori School is to enroll the children of parents whose expectations for their child’s growth and development match the Montessori philosophy of child development. That’s why the enrollment process includes two visits and plenty of opportunities to learn about our school, the Montessori method and to see learning in action at Crabapple Montessori School.
Five-Step Enrollment Process
- If a parent is new to Montessori or considering transferring from another Montessori school, a tour is scheduled during the week. This is typically for adults only. The parent gets an opportunity to see the school and take a quick look at the classrooms in session. In this visit, the Director provides information about the school, the staff and an overview of the Montessori curriculum. Parents get an opportunity to ask any questions they might have about the Montessori environment or the school. The Director gathers information about the family and the expectations of the parent during the child’s tenure at the school. The tours are typically scheduled at 9:30 a.m.
- If a parent is interested in the school, a completed application form with a $50 non-refundable fee is submitted. Along with the application, the following are requested:
- A transcript for all transfer students who are 4 years or older.
- Two most recent progress reports and the most recent achievement-test scores for students in grades K-6.
- A signed confidential teacher-recommendation form filled out by the child’s current teacher.
- A signed confidential recommendation from the child’s current Head of School.
- Once the application is complete, a second visit is scheduled with the child. A teacher spends some time interacting with the child. The parent will be given an opportunity to observe a classroom for about 30 minutes.
- The decision to admit a child at Crabapple Montessori School is made by the teacher and the administration. Parents applying for admission will be notified within two weeks of the second visit. Enrollment decisions are based on several factors including the child’s emotional readiness and the match between the parents’ and school’s expectations and goals.
- Once the child is accepted at the school, the parent completes the registration process by filling out additional registration forms and submitting them along with a check for registration and supply fees. Since annual tuition is paid in 10 equal installments, the first and the last installment are due on August 1st unless other arrangements have been made.
Please download our application form to start the process.